Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Midnight Rambling.

Here it is, after midnight and I'm wide awake. I've been off work for a week for Christmas and throughout that week, I decided to stay up every night until two in the morning and then sleep until noon. But alas, I go back to work tomorrow. My alarm is set for 6:30 and here I am - unable to sleep - so I decided to blog. :)

I can't believe 2008 is coming to a close next week. The year has really flown by and when I step back and take a look at it, I get a little depressed. I mean, I realize that I have been extremely blessed this year. I love my family, my job and my new place, but being the critic that I am, I always feel compelled to look back and wonder what I could have done better. I'm at a very strange place in my life. I feel like I'm in between my amazing college years and whatever is around the corner....like I'm just hanging here, in this awkward middle land. I don't know when or if I will ever feel the kind of connection I felt in college. I was surrounded by hundreds of Christian people my age, and I was working towards a goal in life. Now? I'm trying to be content. Most days I am happy. I just always feel like I'm missing something. I think it's the holidays. I don't know.

At any rate, my Christmas was precious. I'm trying to pause and really savor special moments, even the crazy ones like my mom and I handing candy canes out to random people at gas stations:) I know that life is over much too soon and I need to enjoy where I am - instead of always waiting for the next big thing.

Staff winter retreat is coming up this week and I'm sooooo excited about the tacky formal. I pretty much love my dress to death. I'll post some pics. Speaking of winter retreat, I have an insane amount to do this week. I've got to get some sleep. Seriously. What am I doing? Did this post make sense? Yeah. Probably not. I always tell everyone to ignore anything that I say after 11pm. Can't say I didn't warn you:D

0 sweet comments: