Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

Our Hope Endures.

How do we comprehend peace within pain?

This question has been on my heart and mind for the past couple of days.

I have been following the blog of a young family who just lost their three year old boy to leukemia. Their struggle has been so real to me - even though I have never actually met them. Things like this just make me nervous. I get so scared sometimes, because I have been so blessed in this life. I'm afraid that something terrible may happen. I know that God gives us grace when we need it, and will not give us more than we can handle, I'm just afraid of the things that can happen.

Here are people who seem to do everything right. They love God, they serve Him, and this terrible tragedy happens. While I do believe that they can find peace within this pain, it's frightening. I have a family member who is going through the biggest struggle of her life. She followed the rules, and yet, here she stands, not understanding how her life got to the place where it is. It's just scary. I understand that everyone suffers - and that we need to be tested, to strengthen our faith.

I struggle with worry...always have. One of my constant prayers is that God would give me peace. Give me peace, give me peace.

I heard a song this morning by Natalie Grant called "Our Hope Endures." What a beautiful song.

"We never walk alone. This is our hope." Praise God we have more than optimism! We have hope in this life...hope for something better. Let the earth quake, our hope is unchanged.

0 sweet comments: