Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Busy busy bee.

I am increasingly aware of how busy I am on a regular basis. It's pretty ridiculous. I have these 'tendencies' for lack of a better word. I 'tend' to volunteer for EVERYTHING. If there is something going on and no one is stepping up and I have any free time at all - I will absolutely take over. I have been over-committed for as long as I can remember. It probably began in junior high when I stopped being shy and started being the crazy independent girl I am today. I feel like I can't say no. I know that I should. I know that I need some time to myself, I know that I could do less things and do them well.

I also know there is therapy for this type of thing...:)

The point is: I am going to have to give some things up soon. I am pretty much stressed out constantly and honestly, it's wearing on me. I want to help; I guess I have an underlying desire to be needed. Lately, God is teaching me that this is a selfish thought. God does not NEED me to accomplish His purpose for a particular group or ministry. He chooses to use me, but He desires obedience...above all else. If I feel He is moving me from a certain place, I must be obedient, regardless of my fears.

And honestly? I'm tired...tired of doing things because I 'should'. I want to do things because God has put a passion for those things in my heart; not because I feel like other people expect me to. Paul puts it this way: "For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ." - Galatians 1:10

Now if only it were as easy to do something as it is to talk about it...:)

0 sweet comments: