I was watching a movie the other day and I started thinking about the amazing music that plays in the background of films. It just makes the moment don't you think? It made me think about those "movie moments" in my life. You know the moments....when time seems to stand still and you can almost hear music playing in the background. For example:
When I was seven my best friend Terran moved to Houston. I remember standing in my driveway as they drove away...watching her car disappear and knowing in my little heart that things would never be the same between us.
I remember sitting around a campfire at the lake with my friends and looking up and meeting eyes with the boy I liked at the time. That was the moment...when I knew that he felt the same way about me.
A few months before my grandma died I was at the nursing home laying in her bed with her. She had Alzheimers and even though I saw her pretty often, she did not remember who I was. I remember looking in her eyes on this particular day and for just a minute, I could tell that she knew who I was, and that she understood what I was saying.
Have you ever felt that way? Maybe for you it was the day you left for college or saw your wife walking down the aisle towards you...maybe it was the day Jesus saved you...or the moment you realized that what you were doing was what you were meant to do...
These are the moments...these and hundreds and thousands more.....little pictures in our minds that are pieced together to make us who we are today...to write our story.
So may the soundtrack continue to play...may we never forget to stop and listen.
Friday, July 3, 2009
The Soundtrack.
at 12:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 sweet comments:
Post a Comment