Not really...I just wanted to write a blog post called Cinco de Mayo.
I haven't been a good blogger lately. I think I've just been in a weird mood...and I don't want all of my entries to be depressing...so I've chosen instead to just not write. But sometimes I need to...and today is one of those days.
This weekend I headed north to the wedding of my dear friend Jamie Coston. The Costons and the Webbs have been friends for about 100 years. Not really....but we did meet in the nursery at church. I feel like we are related; almost think of him as a brother. He married the sweetest girl in the world and the wedding was one of my favorites.
If you know me you know I attend a large number of weddings. I've been a bridesmaid six times and sang at twelve different weddings SO FAR. :) But they never get old to me. I always love them; always make the drive to be there because I think it's a magical, important event to take part in. This wedding was particularly lovely....I cried when Meg was walking down the aisle (which I always do) and when they lit the unity candles, during the first dance, the father/daughter dance...etc etc. You would think I was pregnant instead of my sister with all the emotions raging around. :) But it's just something that I love...seeing two people who of all the people in the world found each other. It's inspiring. I know...what an idealistic; unrealistic view...but it's the truth. God designed the two of them to be together and led them together at the exact time He wanted it to happen. It's lovely to see.
There is always a moment during weddings where I just stop - remove myself from the situation - and watch. Watch the groom when he sees the bride for the first time...watch the couples swaying to a slow song on the dance floor. And Saturday, during one of those sweet moments I just got really sad. We are grown up you know? No more climbing trees and eating watermelon on the front porch. We have jobs now - in different cities. Jamie is a husband. These milestones mark our steps to adulthood - but they are always tinged with a little sadness for me. I think I just want to go back sometimes to being completely carefree...and that's not possible anymore. We have responsibility. We have credit card payments. We don't have time to drive down random roads and pick up rocks. It's bittersweet.
Anyways, it was a beautiful beautiful day. I'm so happy for them and so happy I was able to be there to share in the loveliness. Three more weddings on the schedule for this year...good thing I bought a cute dress. :)
0 sweet comments:
Post a Comment