Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Days are getting longer...


Summer is here people! Summer! I really love summer...except when I hate it. I would say it's about 50/50. :) Parts of it are really amazing: having ridiculously cool new staff at camp, getting free t-shirts, sort of having a life...and parts of it are LAME: working later, waking up earlier, sponsors being rude...

Really though, I love it for the most part. It's tiring and ridiculous and lovely and silly. It's like an emotional roller coaster. Soon it will be August and I will be looking back wondering how it all went by so quickly. I am trying to hold on to that fact - even when I'm dead tired and the phone is seriously ringing off the hook at eight in the morning.

Summer here at camp is a pretty accurate picture of how I feel about my life in general right now. It's moving too fast....I'm frustrated with certain parts of it...but I love it all the same...and I know I will look back ten years down the road and miss these days and wonder why I spent so much time complaining and trying to change things and spent so little time just loving my life and the people around me.

Ready for a list of ten random things in my head right now?? Here they are! :)
  1. I need some new jeans.
  2. I am so grateful to have some youth leaders to help me this summer.
  3. I wish I could go to the river and sit in a tube all day.
  4. I can't wait to meet my nephews NEXT MONTH!
  5. I really love my sweet little office assistants this summer.
  6. Are that many things in my life actually awkward or...am I just awkward? Forget it, I think I know the answer.
  7. The free Dr. Pepper's in the Snack Shack are going to be the death of me.
  8. I have a crush on the new song by the Josh Abbott Band, "She's like Texas". I mean, come on.
  9. Can I please just continue to eat what I want and lose 10 pounds? Can we make that happen?
  10. I wish I memorized more scripture, sang more often and actually woke up to make it to aerobics in the morning....okay, that was three things...sorry. :/
Now stop reading blogs and get out there and enjoy that sunshine! Well not right now obviously...it's dark...but you know what I mean.

Ooh! Wanna see my picture for my staff nametag this year? Well, you are going to see it anyway...haha.


2 sweet comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's my random thought: I need some ABBY! I haven't seen you in forever! I miss thee :(

Jodie Olvera Crowder said...

Abby your entries are poetry.