Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Grateful.

So....my last blog post was depressing...and I’m sorry. I’m really overwhelmed right now and it translates into whining sometimes.

I have decided that no matter what, this summer, I will be grateful. I don’t know if anyone reads these thoughts of mine. And I don’t mean to be cheesy, but sometimes I write here just to write. For me, there is something therapeutic about expressing your thoughts in writing and hitting that ‘publish’ button. I feel a little better after I organize my feelings into words and read over them.

Summer is not an easy season for me. It’s a huge blessing...but it’s not easy. I think having a grateful attitude will help me stay focused on why I do what I do. So here it goes....

Day One:

I am grateful for the people I meet working in this ministry.

This week there is a priest staying on the grounds during a conference happening close by. Today, for no reason at all, he came by the office and brought me a frapuccino. Talk about making my day!

Sometimes I deal with very difficult people.

Christians?! Difficult?! Gasp!

It’s true. Sometimes people are rude for no apparent reason (even Christians). But overall, this ministry has given me the chance to meet and know some amazing individuals. I have met youth ministers and children’s pastors who absolutely love students...who pour their lives into the lives of young people. I have met precious senior adults who have literally spent their lives following after God. I have met pastors and leaders who take the time to pray for me...bring me a Milky Way on registration day...email me and tell me that they appreciate what I do here. I’m so grateful to know them...to serve alongside them from time to time...to be able to learn from their wisdom and life experience.

I don’t think I would know these people if I wasn’t where I am, and my life would be much different without them. Today I’m grateful that God chose to write them in as characters in my story.

2 sweet comments:

Alyssa said...

Girl, I definitely understand about writing and it being therapeutic.
Love the grateful things. It really is the little things sometimes. :)

Galilee said...

love you, girl. I don't think your last post was bad. i think it was awesome. i think you're awesome. now come home. or i will come out there every day. i need to do something. love love :)