...than High School love?? Honestly, I know teenagers are quite ridiculous sometimes. I know they are dramatic and emotional and the relationship has a really low chance of working out. But, I can't help but smile when I see a boy turning into the school parking lot in an old truck with his sweet little girlfriend sitting in the middle of the bench seat.



(Sorry, I had to throw Rory and Dean in there. Shout out to Gilmore Girls!)
I look back on the guys I liked when I was that age and just can't believe it! They had weird hair and their jokes were really not that funny, but at the time, I thought they were the GREATEST. Brad Pitt (or should I say JC Chasez?:) could have knocked on my door and asked me out and I would have turned him down for that awkward teenage boy. I didn't think there would ever be anyone greater than him.

(N*SYNC anyone?? Yes I did have this poster on my wall. Also, this is a no-judgement zone. :)
This is why I try not to roll my eyes when one of the youth in my class or my little sister starts to gush about some silly boy. Because I can put myself in their shoes...and even though I don't understand it now...those little crushes and awkward smiles meant more to me at sixteen than something much more dramatic would mean to me right now. And you have to admit, it doesn't get much cuter than that...:)
2 sweet comments:
complete with JC!!! love it Abby. :)
Holla for Gilmore Girls!!
I love love love them.
Precious post too. :)
Post a Comment